My Attitude Toward Blogging

If you look at the dates of my posts, you will see that I've had this blog for a few years. Sometimes I post a lot, sometimes not very often. Sometimes I get really excited about an idea and it consumes me until I've written and rewritten and rewritten and rewritten and published it. If you could see behind the scenes, you would see several draft posts as well.

There's a part of me that wants to post on a regular schedule. But blogging is only one of my hobbies besides my full time jobs of wife and mommy and sister. And those jobs have priority. I used to worry a lot about my neglected blog, thinking I'd never have readers if I didn't have regular updates.

But then I read this post by Sarah Mae. (*Disclaimer)

And I came to the conclusion that I won't do the same thing. I don't want to be so popular that I feel like I have to be accountable to a fan base. I won't get so busy with my blog or anything else online or in real life that I neglect my God, husband, children, or family. I will pay attention and live and breathe and drink deep and grow in wisdom so that as younger women come behind me I will have something more than fluff to share with them. That said, I'm not going to the extreme of giving up writing and publishing. I'm just not feeling guilty when real life takes precedence over blogging. And if you like what I write, I hope you'll check back once in a while. You know, every other year or so when I happen upon a new recipe.

*Disclaimer: This link is not an endorsement of everything thereat. :-)